Kids. Although they are a blessing, they tend to drive you crazy. When you are used to having your kids in school throughout the day, staying with them at home all day is a big challenge.
You like seeing them watch TV all day or hearing them say how bored they are at home. It is upon you as a parent to handle this challenge.
To maintain your sanity, use the following ideas to keep your children busy.
- Write. Children love writing stories. If your kid loves writing, give them a story topic to write about.
- Gardening. Involve your kid in gardening activities such as planting seeds like flowers, berries, herbs, and vegetables and watch them grow. Gardening is exciting
- Baking. Most children love being in the kitchen. You can involve your child in kitchen activities such as baking a cake. Let your kid use their own researched recipes.
- Explore their old toys. Most children have old toys in the garage or basement.
- Set up a zoom meeting with their friends to catch up.
- Remodeling their room. Give your kid a little freedom to make choices of their room outlook. Maybe they need a new table or their wall painting is peeling out, let them fix the problem.
- Building. Look for something for your child to build such as a birdhouse, or dog house using sticks.
- Write a story together. Pick a topic and write a story together.
- Involve them in the artwork. Each day, spare time for artwork. Each child may have to do what they love which includes drawing, coloring, painting, or sculpting.
- Hiking. Hiking is a great exercise for children to keep fit and have fun. You can choose hiking in the woods or the park.